Below are some of the notes I took while watching the Session 6 video called ‘Our Final Destination’ of the True Love Project with Clayton King.
- Sexual desire is a sign of something greater than sex. It’s a reflection of the need for lasting love.
- Psalm 119:105 - 106 Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path. I have solemnly sworn to keep Your righteous judgments.
- Psalm 119:109 - 112 My life is constantly in danger, yet I do not forget Your instruction. The wicked have set a trap for me, but I have not wandered from Your precepts. I have Your decrees as a heritage forever; indeed, they are the joy of my heart. I am resolved to obey Your statutes to the very end.
- What is your final destination in Life? Wedding day, the wedding dress, honeymoon…
- You’ll never have a perfect marriage and there is no such thing as perfect sex and there are no perfect spouses. The truth is the person you are going to marry is so sinful that Jesus himself had to die on a cross to save them.
- You could have the picture perfect marriage. You could be a virgin as you walk down the aisle but if you don’t have Jesus then none of those will satisfy you. And none of those will save you.
- Jesus is the destination. He’s the big win. He’s the goal. He’s the finish line. He is the treasure at the end of your life.
- If you get all the other things you ever wanted but you don’t get Jesus then in the end you gain nothing.
- Mark 8:35 - 38 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me and the gospel will save it. For what does it benefit a man to gain the whole world yet lose his life? What can a man give in exchange for his life? For whoever is ashamed of Me and my words in the adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.
- Philippians 3:12 - 14 Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus. Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus.
- Submission –> Direction –> Instruction –> Action –> Destination
- Psalm 119:9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping Your word.
- Psalm 119:11 I have treasured Your word in my heart so that I may not sin against You.
- Psalm 119:35 - 37 Help me stay on the path of Your commands, for I take pleasure in it. Turn my heart to Your decrees and not to material gain. Turn my eyes from looking at what is worthless; give me life in Your ways.
- If you get Jesus, you get everything!
Post a Comment